Parachutes on passenger jets?

From:         jkonecn@bgsuvax.bgsu.edu (Joe Konecny)
Date:         06 Feb 95 02:45:21
Followups:    1 2 3 4

      This isn't a joke.  Don't take it the wrong way.  But I have been
wondering... why can't there be some type of massive emergency parachute
on todays jets?  It seems that with some of the new high tech fibers that
are available that this would be possible.  Maybe something like those that
slowed the re-entry modules in space craft.  Even if at least you slow the
plane down during a crash the passengers would have a better chance.  I
might even risk flying then!  ;)
Jowe
oops!
Joe

* Joe Konecny - Computer Science Student, BGSU              *
* Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green Ohio        *
* Internet - jkonecn@andy.bgsu.edu                          *