Re: ATR Falls on Tail (almost) (Was Prop Brake)

From:         lenvt@nando.net (Len)
Date:         06 Sep 95 01:04:09

Wish.u.knew@Doncha.megaweb.com (NADIR) wrote:

>sikjes@utrc.utc.com wrote:

>>snip<
>>  While we were standing in line to board at the rear stairs, we observed
>>  the nose gear lift off the ground about two feet!  I was convinced the
>>  tail-cone was going to hit the ramp.  A quick thinking baggage handler
>>  jumped up into the cargo area (fwd, near cockpit), and the nose
>>  lowered.

>>  Are you ATR pilots familiar with this happening??

Last time I flew on an ATR (a 72) the flight crew took us off the
plane from the front back.  5 rows then 5 more rows then 5 more rows
until we got to the back.  The reason they gave was that the ATR 72 is
tail heavy and might do a tail stand if there a bunch of passengers in
the back and baggage empty in front.

Len
---

lenvt@nando.net