Re: Aircraft Maneuvers

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         05 Sep 95 02:00:01

>On a related note, sometime ago (years) I read that the then
>chief pilot for TWA put a 707 through a roll during a test
>flight.  Is/was a 707 capable of this?

I never heard of TWA doing it, but Tex Johnston, a Boeing test pilot,
rolled the prototype 707 (the 367-80) twice for the crowds at Seattle's
hydroplane races.  The story has been discussed many times in this
group -- see the archives for more, or most any book on Boeing history.
(Some Air Force pilots also rolled a KC-135, the 707's military sister.)

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com