ATC reception

From:         ericrood@freenet.columbus.oh.us (Eric Rood)
Date:         05 Sep 95 02:00:00

  In the past I have taken along my ICOM A2 and held it up to the window
and listening with the headset.  I usually asked the flightcrew upon
boarding what the departure frequency would be.  They would ask why I
wanted to know and I'd tell them I wanted to listen on my handheld.  No
problem.  Recently, however, on a trip CMH/ATL and ATL/SJU, the flightcrew
requested that I not use my radio.  I didn't press the issue.

  Most interesting conversation overheard enroute DFW/CMH...

 "[Military callsign] cleared celestial navigation, cancel IFR passing
  through FL600."

Regards, Eric.
--
Eric Rood