A positive aspect of the DC-10?

From:         rna@GSB-Pound.Stanford.EDU (Robert Ashcroft)
Date:         06 Feb 95 02:45:20
Followups:    1 2 3 4

I had heard about a similar incident at Minneapolis, between two DC-10s.

Apparently the pilot who was taking off had received special training
about just this feature of the 10, and rotated early, again clearing
the aircraft in his way.

Followups to sci.aeronautics.airliners.  I'd like to hear more about this
aspect of the DC-10.  It's not generally thought to be a very safe
airplane, so hearing more about it would be interesting.