Re: Prog. Language used for 777 software ?

From:         Bill Hensley <bhensley@oceo.trw.com>
Date:         05 Sep 95 01:59:58

t016426 <riner.markus@ch.swissbank.com> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me something about the software engineering
> of the most important computers and systemcontrollers of the
> 777 ? Which tools and languages are used, wich tests performed ??

Hi, Marcus.

The 777 was programmed in a variety of languages.  One of the most-used
was Ada (1983 standard), and C and C++, as well as assembler of various
flavors.

I don't recall the volume of code used, but if you find an archive
site for comp.lang.ada or comp.software-eng, there have been
significant discussions on 777 software development languages and
issues.

Regards,

Bill Hensley
TRW Oklahoma City Engineering Office