Experiencing a new airliner in virtual space

From:         cyberoid@u.washington.edu (Robert Jacobson)
Date:         05 Sep 95 01:59:58

Although it has gotten far less press attention than, say, the
interior design "previewer" at Boeing, a virtual worlds-based system
devised by the French firm, Virtools, merits your attention.  Shown at
SIGGRAPH, the Virtools display of a forthcoming Airbus airliner -- a
plane that has not yet been built -- is extremely impressive.  This
model runs on (I believe) an Intergraph Pentium workstation and
employs Sense8's WorldToolKit for worldbuilding.  I believe there is a
Virtools Web site, but if not, here is a person to contact:

	M. Bertrand DUPLAT
	Associate Director
	Virtools
	1,rue de Beauvais