Re: auto-throttle usage

From:         Tony Blades <tonyB@seavixen.demon.co.uk>
Date:         05 Sep 95 01:59:57

Airam J Preto <airam@cs.man.ac.uk> asked on the subject of: auto-throttle usage

> Which is the standard procedure during:
>
>  - Take-off (auto-throttle engaged?)
>  - Altitude and speed transitions (auto-throttle + autopilot?);
>  - Approach and landing (autopilot and then auto-landing?).

I fly B737-300, 400 and 500s all of which are fitted with auto-throttle.
The auto throttle is engaged prior to T/O and remains engaged thoughout
the flight and is only disengaged during the final stages of the approach
if a manually flown landing is to be carried out.  If an autoland is
carried out then the autothrottle disengages automatically 2 seconds after
touchdown.

I believe that the system and procedures followed on the B757/767 is
exactly the same as the aircraft I fly.

__
Tony Blades		| 	Tel: 	01628 604362 	(Burnham)
116 Walpole Road	|
Burnham			|	Pager:	0881 830357
Slough, SL1 6PG		|	e-mail:	tonyB@seavixen.demon.co.uk
United Kingdom		|