Auto rejected take-off on 767?

From:         Martin Fiddler <entmlf@staffs.ac.uk>
Date:         05 Sep 95 01:59:57

Hi

A couple of years ago, I was on the flight deck of a 767 and the captain
told me that to assist a rejected take-off, if the throttles were retarded
during the take-off roll, after being at 'full' (toga) power, then there
was an automatic process which would (a) deploy the spoilers (b) deploy
the thrust reversers (I guess with auto-throttle setting rev thrust power)
and (c) apply max auto-brakes.

Since then I have been on other 767's and the crew all state that their
aircraft doesn't have this system, and also that they have never heard of
it!

So, did I imagine this conversation with the crew, were they making it
up, or is it a rare option on the 767?

M.fiddler@staffs.ac.uk