Cabin pressure controls

From:         mezei_jf@eisner.decus.org (Jean-Francois Mezei)
Date:         05 Sep 95 01:59:56

In my limited experience with DC-9s, I have found that pressurisation of
these planes is not up to par with newer planes. Others have also told me
that they shared that opinion.

Is that a fact or an opinion ? (eg: DC 9 having inferior cabin pressure
controls)

As well, when an airline such as Northwest (just an example) refurbs its
DC-9s to give them a few more years, does this major maintenance work
include modifying systems such as air pressure controls, or do they simply
replace the parts and end up with the same controls as before (with newer
parts) ?

*IF* there are aircrafts that do have inferior air pressure controls, can
anyone list them ? (jet aircrafts)