Re: NTSB

From:         rickydik@ix.netcom.com (Ralph Ricks )
Date:         05 Sep 95 01:59:56

In <airliners.1995.1290@ohare.Chicago.COM> kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl
Swartz) writes:
>>[In NTSB's history] there have been only four unsolved crashes, two
>>being the 737's referred to above.  Does anyone know what other two
>>crashes have yet to have the cause determined?

>I believe the May 26, 1991 Lauda Air 767 crash in Thailand is counted
>as one of them ...

>I have no idea what the fourth crash might be.

How about COPA Flight 201 in Panama about two years ago?  It was a
737-200 that departed controlled flight and broke up at 10,000 feet.
PBS did a very good documentary on the investigation last year.

It's puzzling to me that this crash is not included with the other two
737 investigations.

They were expecting to find a bad ADI or VG, but both worked AFTER the
crash.
Ralph