Re: ATC on passengers' headsets

From:         Jennings Heilig <jheilig@gate.net>
Date:         27 Aug 95 14:37:16

Security?  How could having access to ATC communications on board the
airplane possibly pose a security risk?  If I were to want to blow up an
airplane (assuming I were a suicide bomber), simply having access to ATC
would do me no good at all.  To even the most trained ear (pilot),
listening to ATC without having detailed maps and a knowledge of where
you were via instruments or visual cues wouldn't tell you much.  If I
were to want to blow up an airplane over a densely populated area, for
instance, ATC wouldn't tell me that.

I thoroughly enjoy listening to ATC on the headset, and I wish Delta
would start doing it like United does...

Jennings Heilig