Re: airplane fuel question

From:         eirikur@ix.netcom.com (Eirikur Aackerlund)
Date:         14 Aug 95 03:43:34

ztomcich@osf1.gmu.edu (ZACHARY R. TOMCICH) wrote:

>a friend of mine and i got in a tiny trivial argument over the content of
>airplane fuel.  I always thought it was a very pure version of gasoline.
>My friend thinks its more along the lines of crude kerosine.  Who is
>right?  There is a free movie at stake for this one.  Thanks for your
>help.

I must clarify that my reply reguarding  your fuel question was
pertaining to gas-turbine engines only.  Reciprocating engines r.e.:
most propeller  driven aircraft - do use a refined grade of
gasoline... so in this respect, both of you are correct...
Sorry about any misunderstanding..
                                      JCD USAF AVMAINT