Questionable Procedure

From:         mbriski@oldcolo.com (Mark Briski)
Date:         14 Aug 95 03:43:34

I recently flew an American Airlines F100 from Colorado Springs
to Dallas.  The aircraft had pulled away from the gate and had
been delayed for a few minutes when the pilot came over the
intercom and stated that the wind had changed direction so the
aircraft was now overweight.  I find the practice of calculating
max T.O. weight on CURRENT wind velocity rather unnerving.  What
if the wind changes direction halfway down the runway? (We actually
back up to the gate and they made about 8 - 10 people get off!)
I have since instructed my secretary not to book me on any more
AA flights.

Mark Briski
mbriski@oldcolo.com