British Airways pilot sponsership scheme

From:         "P.J. Bunyon" <P.J.Bunyon@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date:         03 Feb 95 11:16:37

	I realise that this probably isn't the best list to post this to
but it's only short, and I know that there are many people in the UK who
subscribe. Basically, does anyone (working for BA or not) know the current
situation of BA's policy on pilot sponsership. I've written, 'phoned on
many occasions and the answer has always been 'well, we're not recruiting
at the moment'. I've been contacting them from time to time now for nearly
5 years but the reply is always the same..... I realise that commercial
pilot positions have been difficult to come by because of the recession
etc... but would appreciate any information on the subject.
	Also, does anyone know if any other UK based airline run a similar
scheme - I don't believe they do but tell me I'm wrong!

	Thanks very much, Pete.

P.S. If there is a better list to which I can direct my questions, please
e-mail me with the address.

--
Peter Bunyon,                                         Tel : (0191) 2811238
Dept. of Physics,