Another 747 question

From:         Jennings Heilig <jheilig@gate.net>
Date:         08 Aug 95 01:45:09

Actually, this question relates to most Boeing and some other
manufacturers' airplanes:

	Why is window spacing not even down the length of a fuselage?
For example, a 737-200 has five windows ahead of the overwing exit hatch
spaced closer together than the rest of them.  This is hard to notice
unless you look closely.  I know that on 737-300s, -400s, and -500s (and
767s and 757s) there is a missing window due to the air conditioning
risers, but that is a different situation.  I thought a "frame" length
would be the same all the way down the constant section area of the
fuselage, but apparently not...

Any thoughts would be apprecatied.

Cheers,

Jennings Heilig