Aircraft Order Update (7/20/95)

From:         chuanga@iia2.org (H Andrew Chuang)
Date:         25 Jul 95 03:06:43

This list is getting too long.  Since articles in sci.aeronautics.airliners
are archived, in the next update I'll only list the total for the first
half plus new orders.  Special thanks to Stephen Nicoud at Boeing for
providing me some of the info.  I listed Saudia's order as firm orders,
even though MD has not officially announced it yet.

      *** 1995 Large Commercial Aircraft Order Update (July 20, 95) ***

 |       |300/                   | /*   737    \              / 777 \| 80/   |
 |       |310 319 320 321 330 340|345 600 700 800 744 757 767 200 300| 90  11|
 |_______|_______________________|___________________________________|_______|
N| MS    |                     3 |                                   |       |
N| LO    |                       | 1                                 |       |
N| CP    |                       |                 1G                |       |
N| VP    |                       |                                   |     2G|
 | KL    |                       |                 2G      3G        |       |
 | GE    |         2I  2I        |                                   |       |
 | IW    |                       |                                   |  2P   |
 | MU    |                       |                                   |  9I   |
 | CJ    |                       |                                   | 11I   |
 |U Land |                       |                                   |  2P   |
 | KE    |                       |                                   |  3P   |
 | CV    |                       |                 1G                |       |
 | 5X    |                       |                     5R            |       |
 | AC    |    10C                |                                   |       |
 | BQ    |                       |             2                     |       |
 | SV    |                       |                 5U         23U    | 29I 4P|
 | AF    |                       | 8   7                             |       |
 |Shandong                       | 3                                 |       |
 | DM    |                       | 6                                 |       |
 | QF    |                       | 3                       2G        |       |
 | YP    |         2I  4I        |                                   |       |
 | UA    |                       |                 2P  4P            |       |
 | LTU   |                       |                     1R  1P        |       |
 | GMI   |                       |        12                         |       |
 | JL    |                       | 4                                 |       |
 | SK    |                       |    35                             |       |
 | ML    |         4I            |                                   |       |
 | LH    |    20C                |                                   |       |
 | LA    |                       |                         3P        |       |
 | IY    | 2U                    |                                   |       |
 | BG    | 2P                    |                                   |       |
 | NH    |            10U        |                         3G  3P    |       |
 |Bavaria|                       |         2                         |       |
 | AI    |                       |                 2P                |       |
 | 3Q    |                       |                         3R        |       |
 |_______|_______________________|___________________________________|_______|
 | Total | 4  30   8  16   0   3 |25  42  14   2  13  10  15  26   0 | 56  6 |
 |  9 5  |  A I R B U S ( 6 1 )  |       B O E I N G ( 1 4 7 )       |M D(62)|

                              Known Cancellations
 |___________________________________________________________________________|
 | GF    |                       |                            -6G    |       |
 | NH    |                       |                -4G                |       |
 | AF    |                       |-3              -1G     -3G        |       |
 | 3Q    |                       |                    -3R            |       |
 |_______|_______________________|___________________________________|_______|
 | Total | 4  30   8  16   0   3 |22  42  14   2   8   7  12  20  20 | 56  6 |
 |  9 5  |  A I R B U S ( 6 1 )  |       B O E I N G ( 1 2 7 )       |M D(62)|

                               Letters of Intent
 |___________________________________________________________________________|
 | NH    |                       |                                10P|       |
 | TG    |                       |                                 6R|       |
 | KE    |                       |                                 4P|       |
 | BR    |                       |                             4     |       |
 | CI    |                       |                             4U    |       |
 | UX    |                       |             8                     |       |
 | NG    |                       |             2                     |       |
 |_______|_______________________|___________________________________|_______|
 | Total | 4  30   8  16   0   3 |22  42  14  12   8   7  12  28  20 | 56  6 |
 |  9 5  |  A I R B U S ( 6 1 )  |       B O E I N G ( 1 6 5 )       |M D(62)|

1 N in the first column indicates new (or missed) order since the last update.
2 The engine selection (other than the A340, B737) is indicated by the letter
  behind each order number.  B,C,G,I,P, or R stands for BMW-RR, CFMI, GEAE,
  IAE, P&W, or R-R, respectively; U for undecided/unknown.
3 The A300/310 is kept under one column, so is the 737-300/400/500 (*345), as
  well as the MD80/90/95. (The MD80/90/95 order can be easily distiguished by
  engine selection: P for MD80, I for MD90, and B for MD95 [if launched]).
4 airline code:         AC - Air Canada  AF - Air France   AI - Air-India
  BG - Biman Bangladesh BQ - EuroBelgian BR - EVA Airways  CI - China AL
  CJ - China Northern   CP - Canadian    CV - Cargolux     DM - Maersk
  GE - TransAsia        GF - Gulf Air    GMI- Germania     IW - AOM French
  IY - Yemenia          JL - Japan AL    KE - Korean Air   LA - Lan-Chile
  LH - Lufthansa        LO - LOT Polish  ML - Midway       MS - EgyptAir
  MU - China Eastern    NG - Lauda Air   NH - All Nippon   QF - Qantas
  SK - SAS              SV - Saudia      TG - Thai Int'l   UA - United
  UX - Air Europa       VP - VASP        YP - Aero Llyod   3Q - Yunnan (China)
  5X - UPS
5 Send an e-mail to me (chuanga@iia2.org) for any order that I have left out.
  Make sure the orders are announced firm orders with a verifiable source.

- --
  H Andrew Chuang   chuanga@iia2.org