Re: 757 Range/Payload

From:         ryan75@PrimeNet.Com (Ryan Michael Stevens)
Date:         17 Jul 95 04:29:29

In article <airliners.1995.952@ohare.Chicago.COM> pilot@leland.stanford.edu (Nick Strauss) writes:
>In article <airliners.1995.937@ohare.Chicago.COM>,
>niels@lofgren.demon.co.uk wrote:

>> So what's the longest scheduled 757 sector then?

>According to a Boeing press release thing I've got "The twinjet is used to
>serve city pairs are as far away as 3,594 nautical miles (6,656
>kilometers) apart and as close as 59 nautical miles (109 kilometers)."

I just picked up the July/August copy of Airways, and was reading the article
on Ladeco when I came across this posting.   According to this article, Ladeco
flies a non-stop, SCL-MIA sector, with a total length of 4,242mi., with a
carded flight time of 8hr 40min (pg 42, column 1, 5th paragraph).  So far,
this appears to be the longest sector I've seen for this aircraft.

Ryan