Re: passenger stairs in aircraft tail

From:         petercoe@netcom.com (Peter J. Coe)
Date:         10 Jul 95 16:36:57

tristar500@aol.com (TriStar500) writes:

>PSA had some L-1011s with airstairs that let passengers enter through the
>lower galley.

Not sure if both our recollections are failing, but the Courtline Tristars
had airstairs fitted in the front cargo bay, that came out in a wonderful
piece of mechanical wizadry to meet up with the front door.  I thought that
they were the only airstair option on the Tristar, and because of the
immense weight and cargo penalties, Courtline were the only people that
took the option.

They of course then promptly went bust. I blame the world's tackiest colour
scheme.