Re: 737-100

From:         Tobias Henry Lutterodt <luterodt@phoenix.Princeton.EDU>
Date:         07 Mar 94 15:12:36 PST
Followups:    1 2 3

> can someone please tell me what a 737-100 looks like ?
> I'm working at munich airport, but I have never seen such a plane.

Many of Lufthansa's 737-100s went to People Express based at Newark,
and many of these went on to Continental.  Within the past year, I've
still seen some of these old workhorses in service with Continental, b
but with the new crop of 737-524s now being delivered, they are
probably going to be retired soon.  Incidentally, other operators of
737-100s included Ansett New Zealand (with ex-Lufthansa aircraft) and
NASA with one aircraft (I believe the first one built) used for
running experiments.

Two questions:
Is NASA replacing its 737 with a 757 as I have read somewhere?
(Why) is there no 777-100, not even as a paper "light" version of the
   aircraft which entered production?

Toby