Re: Tupolev TU-144: Where are you now?

From:         pmc@merit.edu (Philip M. Chuang)
Date:         23 Feb 94 12:05:57 PST

>I recently read a book by Howard Moon about the development and
>ultimate failure of the Tupolev TU-144, the Soviet SST.

    The book is very well-researched, and well-written.

>has any information been
>learned about the current disposition the the TU-144?

    Ron Davies' book on Aeroflot say two have been making ozone
    research flights from Zhukovsky, near Moscow.

>Did anyone happen to fly on the TU-144?

    One of Aviation Week's Editors (James Ott, I believe) took
    such a ride between Moscow and Alma Ata, and wrote an article
    about his experience.