MD-11 Control Characteristics

From:         Stephen L Nicoud <stephen.nicoud@grace.rt.cs.boeing.com>
Date:         16 Feb 94 13:13:41 PST

The Washington Post reports today that the National Transportation
Safety Board said yesterday the McDonnell Douglas MD-11's design can
lead to violent in-flight upsets in the hands of pilots not trained in
its peculiar control characteristics.  The board recommended that the
FAA establish new requirements for MD-11 flight control handling
characteristics and require flight demonstrations to ensure that pilots
can safely recover from high-altitude upsets.

Stephen
--
Stephen L Nicoud  <stephen.nicoud@Boeing.Com>     bcstec!bcsaic!stephen.nicoud
This message does not represent the views of Boeing.  I am not a Boeing