Books on Commercial airliners

From:         sukhia@ENGR.ORST.EDU (Cherag Sukhia)
Date:         13 Jan 94 05:07:28 PST

	I am a graduate student interested in Aviation Human Factors,
specifically pertaining to commercial airliners.  Being relatively new to
this domain, I desire to become familiar with all types of modern
commercial aircraft - mainly their cockpits, but also their cabins etc.
Do any of you have any suggestions as to how I might go about gathering
such information ?  As a start, I thought of taking a look at some basic
books which would detail some of the characteristics, particularly with
illustrations. Unfortunately, other than some generic encyclopedias, my
search has not been very successful - can someone please recommend some
good books/manuals and how I might go about acquiring the same ?

	Upon recommendations from some friends, I have begun looking at
flight magazines like "AW & ST" and "Flight International".  While these
have been very useful, I would still like to browse through a
comprehensive, illustrated book.  As a further attempt to broaden my
domain knowledge, I have become quite an avid reader of most of the aviation
related newsgroups where I have found a lot of useful, well moderated
avaiation related information, thanks to you folks! :)

	There is a chance that the volume of responses may be looked upon as a
"flood" on this newsgroup - hence, I would appreciate if you could email
your responses to me directly.  I will be willing to edit/compile all the
useful responses and post to the newsgroup, if so desired.
Thanks.

Cherag Sukhia
sukhia@engr.orst.edu
Graduate Student - Industrial Engg.