Old Piston Engined Planes

From:         ak336@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (John Dill)
Date:         06 Jan 94 01:54:11 PST

I've been a controller in Cleveland for many (24) years and enjoy working
the older aircraft that fly thru our airspace.

In the last couple years I've  noticed a decline in their numbers and am
curious as to why? I've seen a few DC-6's, one DC-4,  one L-1049, and the
usual number of DC-3's (lots of them carry freight in the U.S, mostly at
night).
I've not seen a DC7 in perhaps 15 years. Anyone know what happened to them?
And the older jets are gone also...maybe flying in other countries or
sitting in the desert somewhere.
The noise regs. we have are responsible for the missing jets, but what
about the prop jobs?
--
"Clinton will be a one term President".......Rush Limbaugh