Wake Turbulence Experiment

From:         preston@oberon.pps.pgh.pa.us (Thomas Preston)
Date:         21 Nov 94 13:18:58

Hi, my name is Michael Mariani.  I'm an 8th grader at Frick ISA in
Pittsburgh, and I am conducting a long term science investigation for
the Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science on February 4, 1995.

The title of my project is: "_The Effect of Wing Angle of Attack on the
Dissipation of Wing Tip Vortices_"

I want to know if there is anyone in the field, who could assist me in
designing and building a wind tunnel appropriate for an 8th grader to use.

In addition, what method(s) could I possibly use in order to collect
"quantitative" data, for example, how could I set up a smoke trail, vary the
angle of attack, are flaps a factor, etc?

Thanks in advance for anyone's assistance;  I can be contacted via my
science teacher Mr P at the Internet address below.

Mike!
--
Thomas Preston				Science Instructional Team Leader
Frick International Studies Academy	Internet: preston@pps.pgh.pa.us  or