Re: Shuttle aircraft

From:         JW6191A@american.edu (John Witherspoon)
Date:         20 Nov 94 01:59:02

kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz) writes:

>>Never having had the pleasure of flying that route, I don't know what
>>airplane is being used.
>
>Both the USAir (ex-Trump, ex-Eastern) and Delta (ex-Pan Am) Shuttles
>exclusively use Boeing 727s.  Delta's are all -200 Advanced models,
>while USAir uses mostly original -200s, with several of the Advanced
>-200s and a few -100s thrown in.

I recall reading that when Eastern sold Donald Trump its DC-NY shuttle
operation (for far more than it was worth) it made an even bigger fool
of Trump by giving him the dregs of the Eastern 727 fleet instead of
the aircraft that it had been using to fly the route.  Trump then
redid the interiors in leather and polished chrome, and USAir chose to
keep the interiors since they were relatively nicer than the standard
USAir interiors.  I don't know if they've been redone since, but
observant passengers may still notice the Trump "T" on the seat belt
buckles (as is the case on many other planes of other airlines that still
carry the Pan Am globe on their buckles).