Re: Glass Cockpits' Video Rates?

From:         meb4593@ungoliant.ca.boeing.com
Date:         20 Nov 94 01:59:00

Ken> The B777 flat panels ... I am not certain that the resolution
Ken> of these devices has been talked about in the open literature, so
Ken> I do not feel free to discuss it.  Suffice it to say that it is a
Ken> much finer dot pitch than you see on the average laptop or
Ken> workstation display.

What amazed me, besides the quality of the "glass", was the incidence
angle. (correct term?)  In most laptops or watches, the viewable angle
is very narrow.  The B777 flat panels can be viewed at fairly extreme
angles.

 --
 Michael Bain                                            (206) 294-1191
 Boeing Commercial Airplane Group                           Seattle, WA