Re: Shuttle aircraft

From:         stevcaisse@aol.com (StevCaisse)
Date:         09 Nov 94 00:51:23

sr001b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Still Searching . . .) writes:

I understand from the marketing folks where I work that many many surveys
indicate that Shuttle passengers prefer the wider cabins of the Boeings
versus the 2-3 seating configs of the MD80, DC-9, Fokker series aircraft.
The 72S'  3 by 3 seating normally allows for an empty seat between the
window and aisle passenger (assuming less than a full load).

Also, although the 72S is more expensive to operate on a direct operating
cost basis (fuel, crew - ETC.), the indirects, (i.e. cost of acquision
(the 72S' are most certainly paid for by now)), are much less than other 3
by 3 aircraft like say a 757.

Actually, most veteran Shuttle 72S passengers like the aircraft very much.
 "Kinda like an old easy chair".

Steve Caisse