Boeing 777 Wing

From:         rsolene@aol.com (RSolene)
Date:         09 Nov 94 00:51:22

When the 777 project was first announced some four years ago, I recall
wing specs that called for winglets in addition to folding wing tips.  I
know the winglets have since not been incorporated, at least in the
prototype, but what about the folding wings?  I understand that it was
supposed to be an option.  Have any airlines ordered the plane with the
folding wing option?

Also, how does the 777 compare performance wise with its competitors, the
A340 and MD-11?  Did Boeing use the late start to its advantage by
capitalizing on the 777's competitor's shortcomings (after observing
feedback from customers of the other aircrafts)?

R. Solene