Re: Accident/incident data

From:         lambrose@csc.com (Laren Ambrose)
Date:         30 Oct 94 21:29:42

: Can anyone tell me where I can find data on recent aircarft incidents and
: accidents in which human factors was cited as a contributory cause. For
: example, I am interested in statistical summaries that identify the
: percentage of  accidents and incidents atrtributed to "pilot error".
: Reports; books; contacts at Boeing or Airbus; and contacts at the FAA or
: NTSB would be highly appreciated.

I will see what I can do about an FAA contact.  This may take me a bit of
time.  I am on contract to work on the Airports Division business
computers, and the Airports Division only gets involved in an
investigation if there may be a problem with runway lights, signs.

I will pass on your request to other Divisions and pass back any response
I get.  You might try calling the local FSDO and asking for the
information under the Freedom of Infomation Act.

Laren Ambrose
Computer Sciences Corp.
Contract to the:  FAA Airports Division, Seattle
(206) 227 2956 (or) lambrose@connected.com (or) lambrose@hq.faa.gov
** My comments are from me, not the FAA or CSC **