Re: Accident/incident data

From:         ldorr@admingw.hq.nasa.gov (Les Dorr, Jr.)
Date:         30 Oct 94 21:29:42

ditka!sgiblab!uunet.uu.net!SSD-HB!gershzohn.gary (B&1&2) (fly boys) wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where I can find data on recent aircarft incidents and
> accidents in which human factors was cited as a contributory cause. For
> example, I am interested in statistical summaries that identify the
> percentage of  accidents and incidents atrtributed to "pilot error".
> Reports; books; contacts at Boeing or Airbus; and contacts at the FAA or
> NTSB would be highly appreciated.

For incident info, contact the Aviation Safety Reporting System at NASA's
Ames Research Center in Mountain View, Calif.  Largest aviation human
factors database in the world. Ames' Main # is 415/604-5000. Ask for Bill
Reynard.

--
Les Dorr, Jr.
NASA HQ

"Suppose you had everything in the world--where would you put it?"
                                            --Steven Wright