Re: Glass Cockpits' Video Rates?

From:         mdrews@iguana.dsd.es.com (Michael Drews)
Date:         30 Oct 94 21:29:40

In article <airliners.1994.1644@ohare.Chicago.COM>, "Reply to: philip_decker@lds.loral.com" <PDECKER@lds.loral.com> writes:
> Am curious about the characteristics of the video signals displayed in
> glass cockpit aircraft: sync frequencies, resolution, (non)interlace,
> etc...  Also, are all the displays (vertically) sync'd to each other?

As far as I know all glass cockpit displays are caligraphic, not raster.
Caligraphic displays offer much higher contrast and brightness.  Refresh
frequencies can be increased to increase brightness.

(Caligraphic displays draw the lines and curves Etch-A-Sketch style.)

Disclaimer:  I have not had a peek in any of the more modern glass
cockpits.  This is from 757 and 767 observations.

					Michael Drews
--
"These aren't the droids you're looking for."