Re: 777 P&W Failure

From:         C Lowenstein/Product Safety <SIKCOL@rcinet.utc.com>
Date:         11 Oct 94 12:53:47

In Article <airliners.1994.1611@ohare.Chicago.COM>
sharam@.cdac.com (Sean Namazi) writes:

>I'd like to know the validity of the reports on the failure of the
>777 P&W engine while being certified for ETOPS.  Can anyone shed
>any light on this?  This supposedly occured sometime last week.

PRATT & WHITNEY'S PW4084 engine should still be approved on schedule
for Boeing 777 early twin engine operations [ETOPS], despite the failure
of two variable vane actuator arms in the engine during flight operations
testing at Pratt's West Palm Beach Florida facility on Sept. 23.
(Aviation Week, 10/3)

Karl-

This was in Av Week.  I haven't heard anything else on it.
I hope it helps...

-Chris.

<disclaimer: my views are not necessarily those of my employer>
		(and vice versa)