RE: McDonnell Douglas and AMR

From:         chriscap1@aol.com (CHRISCAP1)
Date:         29 Sep 94 00:15:37

In article <airliners.1994.1594@ohare.Chicago.COM>, SkyGlass@ix.netcom.com
(RICHARD KNIGHT) writes:

I don't have any details about negotiations with American, but I believe
the plane you are speaking of is the proposed MD-95, which will be about
100 seats and use engines built by, I believe, a BMW, R-R consortium.  In
fact, much of the plane is being farmed out to international companies.

At this point, Douglas has only made an intent to offer and organizations
are in the process of forming, but so far its looking like a go.  The plan
to build this size of aircraft is not promoted just by American, but by a
number of airlines, both foreign and domestic, that see short-haul routes
as becoming very lucrative in the near future.

Christopher Caparelli
Structural Mechanics
Douglas Aircraft Company

"These opinions are my own and DAC can't have them even if they want them"