seat pitch

From:         David Lednicer <dave@amiwest.com>
Date:         08 Sep 94 11:33:26

	Speaking of tight seat pitches, I was on a Merpati F-28 flight
from Bandung to Surabaya that had the seats pitched so tight that I
couldn't sit with my knees together - I had to sit with them spread
pretty wide and they were still jammed into the seat ahead of me.  I'm
5'10" with average torso and leg length and I have never seen seats this
tight.  Additionally, the foam in the seat cushion was shot and I was
basically sitting on the seat pan - I could feel the edges of the pan
cutting into my thighs.  Thankfully it was a fairly short flight.

	On the "stealth" 777 - I have now seen it fly over on landing
approach three times and have only heard it once.  On the other hand, I
was inside a hangar right next to the runway when #2 made its first
flight and I definitely heard that!