Re: New Boeing 737-800 anouncement

From:         rna@leland.Stanford.EDU (Robert Ashcroft)
Date:         08 Sep 94 11:33:25

>The 737-800 is 9'2" longer than the 737-400, room for more than 3
>additional rows or another 18 seats.  With the 30 in. pitch you get
>186.

Very interesting.  Is the 737 going to end up longer than the 707, or
is it already?

Also, someone raised the question of the 737 needing higher main
gears to allow the tail to clear.  Is this part of the new wing?
And I think I asked the following already, but I can't remember if
someone answered---will the new 737s have real main gear doors,
or will it still be the current weird open arrangement?

RNA