Re: New Boeing 737-800 anouncement

From:         rna@leland.Stanford.EDU (Robert Ashcroft)
Date:         06 Sep 94 12:11:08

In article <34hb0v$htk@matt.ksu.ksu.edu>,
M. Jafari <mjafari@ksu.ksu.edu> wrote:

>Just heard on the radio that Boeing has announced the long-haul coast-to-coast
>capable 737-800. This beast is capable of carrying 187 Pax according to the
>news.
>
>FYI, They also announced that they have already sold 40 aircrafts of this type
>to 4 unanounced airlines!!!

187 passengers?  What?

Sounds a little on the high side to me.  Anyone got additional info?
I'd expect about 20 passengers fewer.

Otherwise you may as well call it a 757 and be done with it.  How long
before the ETOPS transAtlantic 737 rolls out?  And then the ultra-long
range 737 for those NYC-Tokyo non-stops, the 737 AWACS and the 737
Presidential Command center, leading finally to the 737 Space Shuttle
replacement, 737 air superiority fighter, and the 737 Stealth bomber.

RNA

One plane to rule them all...