Re: Smoke/Fire escape hoods

From:         ckd@loiosh.kei.com (Christopher Davis)
Date:         24 Aug 94 14:01:59

RH> == Richard Hyde <rah@netcom.com>

 RH> Over the last year, I've noticed a proliferation of ads for "escape
 RH> hoods" in various safety related publications.  [...]

I recall reading (probably in Nance's _Blind Trust_) that a high
percentage of FAA and NTSB crash investigator types carry these with them
whenever they fly.

Personally, I'm considering getting a pair for my wife and I, after
looking at incidents like the Air Canada DC-9 that set down at Cincinnati
with a smoke-filled fuselage...
--
Christopher Davis * <ckd@kei.com> * (was <ckd@eff.org>) * MIME * PGP * [CKD1]
  "It's 106 ms to Chicago, we've got a full disk of GIFs, half a meg of