crash DC8 - 4th dec 1974

From:         Erwin=Blomsma%LOC%AGR@agr.kuleuven.ac.be
Date:         05 Aug 94 03:35:28

Hello

i am looking for any kind of info on what happened with a dutch
chartered (Martinair PH-MBH) DC8 near Colombo (Sri Lanka) on the 4th
of december 1974. My father was the 2nd pilot an that DC8... the plane
crashed into the mountains in heavy weather after some
mis-navigation...(?)

maybe you know someone or some adresses on where to find any
documentation... like parts in a book (covering stories based on the
black box recordings) or anything that might help me in gaining some
insight in what happened. It's 20 years ago now, and i think it's time
that i know what went wrong exactly...

i work as a scientist (chemical engineering - petrochemicals) at the
Catholic University of Leuven in Belgium... you can reach me there via
e-mail: erwin.blomsma@agr.kuleuven.ac.be

or private via 'regular mail':		Naamsesteenweg 243
				B-3001 Heverlee

Thanks ....

			Erwin Blomsma