Re: Airliner cleanliness

From:         drchambe@tekig5.pen.tek.com (Dennis Chamberlin)
Date:         20 Jul 94 02:13:02

Out of the last four airplanes I've flown on, three have had
their passenger cabin windows absolutely trashed. When the
windows were in direct sunlight, the scratches were so bad
the window was nearly useless. And the damage was obvious
even when the window was in shadow. The scratches all seemed
to have a preferred diagonal orientation. As I recall, the
carrier was either American or Trans World.

Since two of these craft were pretty new, it appears to me
that someone has gotten extremely careless with their washing
procedures/equipment/personnel. It looks as though lots of
damage was done, maye in a relatively short time.