Re: Cost of payload for 747?

From:         pshuang@athena.mit.edu (Ping Huang)
Date:         30 Jun 94 00:34:18

In article <airliners.1994.1398@ohare.Chicago.COM> mark@solomon.technet.sg (Rajanik) writes:

 > Does anybody know how much you would save if you could reduce the weight
 > of a 747 on a kg per year basis? Thanking you in advance.

I don't think you've given enough context for there to be an useful
answer.  At the very least, how many flights is this 747 going to be
making, and how long are the flights?  What kind of weight are you
removing?  It's easy to reduce the weight of a 747 flight by thousands
of kilograms by kicking out all the passengers, but you're going to
reduce your fare basis for the flight, too....

--
Ping Huang (INTERNET: pshuang@mit.edu), probably speaking for himself