Modifications for zero-G parabolic flights

From:         wohlsen@sri.com
Date:         26 Jun 94 21:42:04

 I suspect any aircraft can be used for zero-G parabolic flights; however, I
assume some are better suited for it than others.  Vne, G-load limits, and
service ceiling are probably important considerations.  I believe NASA uses a
KC135 and Novespace an Aerospatiale Caravelle.  Why were these aircraft chosen?
 What mofifications are necessary to convert an airliner for this application
other than replacing most of the interior?

What is the typical flight path used for such flights?  How long is the zero-G
period?  Where are the flights usually conducted?  In controlled airspace?

Thanks for any information.

Bob Wohlsen
bob_wohlsen@qm.sri.com