Re: No Smoking?

From:         tristar500@aol.com (TriStar500)
Date:         22 Jun 94 16:57:48

kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz) writes:

>On the subject of smoking, I also recall some comments by a friend
>who had seen the effects on a TWA L-1011 -- plenums that had to be
>cleaned regularly because they would get coated with a think, tarry
>goo.

The tarry goo also fouled up the outflow valves and were a major
cause of pressurization problems. However, just to prove that some
good comes from everything, that same goo would leave marks on door
frames and was very helpful in finding damaged seals. It's a lot
harder to find the cause of a squealing door now.