Re: No Smoking?

From:         paulhand@hk.net (Paul Hand)
Date:         22 Jun 94 16:57:48

Nicolas Ercan Murat  <vis@leland.Stanford.EDU> wrote:

>> Just an anecdote. About a decade ago, I was flying on an Al Italia DC-9 from
>> Rome to Athens. I had asked for a No Smoking seat. Boy, was I surprised when
>> I discovered that, for the entire length of the plane, the smokers sat on the
>> left side of the aisle, and the rest of us on the right! Not very effective.
>>
>> Anybody know if things have improved any?

Not if you insist on flying Qantas they have't. QF still uses the left/right
seating arrangement on it's 747 flights in Asia (although not on the 767s for
some reason). As a smoker its all the same to me ;-). Just as an aside and to
bring together two threads, Cathay Pacific's longest route (LAX to HKG) is also
a no smoking flight. No Fun but very healthy :-).

Paul
paulhand@hk.net