Future of Delta's Winglet Enhanced 727s?

From:         etech@netcom.com (Eric Chevalier)
Date:         13 Jun 94 10:42:07

A little over a week ago I was walking to work when one of Delta's
Valsan winglet-enhanced 727s (N510DA) flew over on it's way to a
landing at LAX.  Has Delta reached any conclusions about the benefits
of the winglet upgrade?  Are there any plans to upgrade additional
727s?  I came across a previous message (here in S.A.A., I think) which
indicated that Valsan is now out of business.  If Delta were interested
in pursuing additional upgrades, who might perform the work?

     ERIC CHEVALIER            |     Who are you who are so wise in the
  Internet: etech@netcom.com   |  ways of science?
   Prodigy: GCXJ11A            |     Well, when you're a king you have to
Compu$erve: 76010,2463         |  know these sorts of things.