Apropos of Crew Rest Areas in 747-400

From:         rna@leland.Stanford.EDU (Robert Ashcroft)
Date:         01 Jun 94 14:35:02

The wire services are reporting a British Airways 747-400 captain died
enroute from London to Tokyo while occupying the crew rest area.

This apparently happened earlier enough on the flight for the news
services to be aware of it when the plane landed at Narita because the
landing was filmed by one of the Japanese news networks.

I find that interesting because I can't imagine the flight continuing
had their not been a place to keep the corpse (i.e. the pilot rest area).
Then again, its unlikely there would be multiple copilots without such an
area.

RNA