RE: Russian 'UFO' shaped plane? Anyone?

From:         hedleyj@wl.aecl.ca (No, that's me over here!)
Date:         01 Jun 94 14:35:01

I saw a video clip on NBC World News (hello Tom Brokaw!) Wed May 25
about this.  It seems to be a very large lifting body type design
with multiple engines, stub (and I mean very stub) wings and stabilizers.
A proof-of-concept vehicle of about 1-1.5 m total length was shown being
flown at some location (Q: would the CIA dub this RAM-?) and sure enough
up it went into the air via remote piloting.  The 2000 pax version is
still a paper effort (I assume they don't CAD to any degree in Russia
yet) so we shall wait and see.  They did indeed build the An-225 Mriya,
but then again they only built one.

Cheers

Bruce Hedley
AECL Research
Whiteshell Labs
Pinawa, Manitoba, Canada

Bruce Hedley                        |
AECL Research                       |   I think,
Whiteshell Laboratories             |           therefore I am,
Pinawa, Manitoba, CANADA            |                          I think
InterNet: <hedleyj@wl.aecl.ca>      |