Re: Really Long Range Commercial Transport

From:         drinkard@bcstec.ca.boeing.com (Terrell D. Drinkard)
Date:         20 May 94 01:58:41

Robert Ashcroft <rna@leland.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
>[Some stuff deleted]  That
>foolishness with recycling air might have to stop on such a long flight
>(perhaps the air could be "refreshed" every 8 hours or so?). [...]

Let me clear up a misconception here.  The air in a commercial airliner is
half fresh, half (or less) recirculated air.  It is not currently possible
to maintain the same air on board for 8 hours, or even one.  As a rule of
thumb, you can figure that the air completely changes every three minutes.

--
Terry
drinkard@bcstec.ca.boeing.com