Re: A320 question

From:         drinkard@bcstec.ca.boeing.com (Terrell D. Drinkard)
Date:         20 May 94 01:58:40

FLYBOY320 <flyboy320@aol.com> wrote:

>I fly the A-320 for Northwest  and I don't think there is a container option
>for the aircraft. Just wide cargo doors !

Actually, there is.  But it is used primarily in Europe because of their
union work rules.  Boeing and Douglas sell "moving carpet" type loaders
such as the Swedish Magic Carpet or the American ACE system.  United, for
instance, puts ACE systems in all their 757s.  No Boeing or Douglas
single-aisle airplane has a containerized cargo option (except main-deck
freighters, of course).

--
Terry
drinkard@bcstec.ca.boeing.com