Publishing news: AIRLINERS and AIRWAYS

From:         rdd@netcom.com (Robert Dorsett)
Date:         13 Apr 94 02:46:40 PDT

Starting this year, AIRLINERS went to a bimonthly format.  This is published
by Air Transport Press, based in Miami.

Then, starting this issue, John Wegg, the editor, disappeared, off to
"pursue other ventures."

Today, I see a new magazine: AIRWAYS, with a F-100 on the cover.  Inaugural
issue.  Hmm, looks like AIRLINERS.  Feels like AIRLINERS.  Designed like
AIRLINERS.  Even the ads are the same.  And it's bimonthly.

Yep, John Wegg is the editor.  Now working for Airways International, Inc.

It appears we now have two general-interest contemporary-airliner magazines
(not including the 50s-vintage magazines).

--
Robert Dorsett
rdd@netcom.com